Pivet World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Translator

I forgot my password

Top posters
PajamaEntertainment (1403)
How to create your own style. Vote_lcap1How to create your own style. Voting_bar1How to create your own style. Vote_rcap1 
Xyphien (839)
How to create your own style. Vote_lcap1How to create your own style. Voting_bar1How to create your own style. Vote_rcap1 
R12 (642)
sage (641)
Pivotnam (460)
Choiceinator (456)
Niceonegunit (409)
XPivotN00bX (399)
FireMarioX (334)
hazza (327)

Latest topics
» WUUUUUUUUUT?!
How to create your own style. Empty25/09/16, 01:30 am by Xyphien

» It's been 3 years.
How to create your own style. Empty24/07/13, 01:42 am by Xyphien

» its been a while
How to create your own style. Empty02/04/13, 12:52 pm by Xyphien

» Newbie in da house!
How to create your own style. Empty05/06/12, 02:37 pm by ANIMATIONMAN

» Wow.. I can't believe it...
How to create your own style. Empty28/05/12, 06:53 am by Xyphien

» Who wants to do a PWA battle with me?
How to create your own style. Empty28/05/12, 06:52 am by Xyphien

» Shadowkirby's back!
How to create your own style. Empty06/04/12, 08:06 am by Shadowkirby

» Hey it's me MXDP
How to create your own style. Empty23/03/12, 03:44 pm by Xyphien

» Test Run (need help)
How to create your own style. Empty21/03/12, 10:56 am by MasterXDPivot

Statistics
We have 226 registered users
The newest registered user is alecadvwxg

Our users have posted a total of 7698 messages in 787 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 257 on 12/04/21, 05:33 pm

How to create your own style.

2 posters

Go down

How to create your own style. Empty How to create your own style.

Post by R12 01/10/10, 06:47 am

Creating your own style.
By ROCKduhHOUSE

Index:
1. Easing styles.
2. Choreography styles.
3. Stick styles.
4. piecing it all together.

#1, easing styles.

There are many different styles in easing. For one, there are multiplicative styles. After every frame, you multiply the number of pixels moved in each frame by a certain number. Example: My style is ×3, so my style typed out would be
|-|---|---------|----------------------------|---------|---|-|
How to create your own style. 3Xeasing
Whereas ×2 would be
|-|--|----|--------|----------------|--------|----|--|-|
How to create your own style. Easing
And so on.

There are other types of easing as well, such as heavy spacing, which is like
|-|------------------------|------------------------|-|
Or something along those lines. There are plenty of types of easing, you just need to find the type that's right for you.

#2, choreography styles.

One way choreography improves an animation is in the way the arms move. A common style is to make the arms act as if they have no bones. This is called the ragdoll effect. The arms act like a ragdoll's, as the name implies. It is a very widely popular style, and is used by many.

Another type of choreography is the type you see in battles. You may notice that each person either uses lasers, punches, or kicks as their default move. This is because they chose lasers, punches, or kicks as their default attack to be used. You'll notice them do a different type of attack every once in a while, but the move they use the most is their default move. If This affects your animation on a large scale, because you may be a person who likes kicking more. I this case, you would want to put landscape to fit this default. Perhaps a pole overhead for them to swing on and kick. Or maybe a cliff for them to Sparta-kick someone off of.

But one of the most important things that a lot of people forget is that you should almost always plan your battles out before they start. This way, you know exactly what they will do, and you can easily convert from one move to another.

#3, Stick styles.

This one's easy. Just find a stick that flows with what you like to animate best. Now, this is easier said than done. I will admit, it's hard to find a stick that has the right lengths of every limb, but once you do, your animating will get slightly better. If you are given a stick with really long arms (such as sage's) you will likely not know how to animate well with it if it's not your style. Perhaps short arms are your style. But no matter what your style, a stick that's just right will more than likely change your skills slightly.

#4, Piecing it all together.

So after all this, you've probably gained a skill or two. Such as finding your style of easing or base. Now all your styles will probably come together to make one big style which, if you keep from getting lazy with, will probably improve your animating skills.

~ROCKduhHOUSE

*may be edited later*
R12
R12
Forum Reviewers
Forum Reviewers

http://ThePivotCenter.com/forum

Back to top Go down

How to create your own style. Empty Re: How to create your own style.

Post by PajamaEntertainment 01/10/10, 07:10 am

shouldnt ppl create their own style of creating their own style XD
PajamaEntertainment
PajamaEntertainment
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by R12 01/10/10, 10:56 am

NO! Styles are regulated! :P
R12
R12
Forum Reviewers
Forum Reviewers

http://ThePivotCenter.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down